How Long Does It Take to Set Up?
Setting Up FlexPay
The entire process takes between 1 and 10 business days, depending on the complexity. Your Client Success Manager (CSM) is at your side, supporting you throughout the entire process.
For merchants that want a hands-off approach, the FlexPay CSM will take on the entire setup process for you. For merchants who prefer a hands-on approach, we have a variety of guides and tools to help facilitate the onboarding experience.
We are here to help you along the way, as your success is our greatest priority!
The time to onboard can depend on two main factors:
- How many merchant accounts will be configured in FlexPay
- What system you are using to connect to FlexPay
Below is a general guideline that outlines the steps for onboarding a new client:
- FlexPay system set up:
- Your CSM starts by creating the account for your business. This includes generating your username and password and completing your business profile on the platform. This takes the CSM no more than an hour and is done on the business day following your kick-off call.
- Next, your CSM will work with you to set up your Merchant Accounts inside of FlexPay. This step will vary based on your Integrated System.
- For integrated systems that do not complete this step automatically, it can take a couple of hours or a couple of days to complete this. The timeline will vary based on how many merchant accounts you set up (we have merchants with just one, and others with several hundred).
- For integrated systems that do this automatically, there is no work needed.
- Integrated system set up:
- Some integrated systems can be set up in a matter of minutes, while others require an in-depth configuration and setup on our part. The timeline for this part of onboarding will vary by each. Rest assured, your FlexPay CSM will work closely with you throughout the entire process to ensure a seamless, easy onboarding experience.
- If the integrated system is different from your System of Record (your CRM), your CSM will work with you to complete the setup of your CRM.
- Moving traffic to FlexPay and ongoing monitoring:
- This is the fastest step to start, yet it is the longest to finish. Once FlexPay and your IS are both configured, you will start benefiting from the decline salvage services right away. Now, you might be wondering why we said this was the longest, especially since salvage begins immediately, and that is a great question! The reason is that there is continual monitoring of traffic throughout your entire lifespan with FlexPay. Your CSM reviews your account daily to make sure everything is working. They also highlight successes and any potential gaps that may arise in the recovery process. The performance of your business is our top priority, and this ongoing monitoring process is just one example of how our CSM team works with you to optimize your FlexPay experience.
If you have any questions on any of the above or would like to learn more about the FlexPay experience, our team is available at your convenience.